Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hitting the wall

At first I thought it was a joke.. guess its not.

For the last couple of days or so.. I've been bugged by this nagging thought.. this bastard shadow-like notion that keeps on popping inside my head every now and then.

Could I be really experiencing the quarter life crisis(qlc) already? I guess so.. even if my mind suggests otherwise.

I've had enough experiences that made me conclude that I already am.. heres a few.

1. At a bike shop.. when I was chit-chatting with the owner.. I told him that I couldnt buy the part that I needed for my bike because I was still busy setting up my car.. his reply? "Hindi ba matanda ka na para diyan ilang taon ka na ba?" Toink.

2. I'm starting to think about my "future" (nope.. I'm still not interested migrating abroad) more and more.. Toink.

- I'm starting to save for retirement.
- I'm now interested in certain "retirement plans".
- Just got my salary? My first instinct now is to save and invest.
- I think about what businesses to set up.
- Lastly, heres the clincher about the "future" stuff... I find my car now as a liability for me! So sorry shiro.... (thats the name of my civic) Believe it or not.. I'm now getting interested in station wagons, suv's and dear God... Vans!

Though some of that can be still be argued as not a definite sign of hitting QLC, for me, trust me it is. Maybe I'm thinking about vans and other big cars now because of my current lifestyle. I'm looking for more space that would make me take by bike to places easier. But how the hell would you be able to explain the retirement plans topic?!?

3. Before.. I used to be the youngest of any group that I was in.. I'm still friends with those peeps but now I sometimes find myself hanging out with peeps WAY YOUNGER than me. To my horror I couldnt dig what they dig. Even sometimes saying to myself I'm too old for this sh*t. Toink again.

4. In one of our family dinners.. cant remember anymore if it involved my entire family or just certain family members and friends.. my age became the topic of choice.. "Ilang taon ka na ba?"... "27" I told my sis.. "Tanda mo na pala no.. pwedeng pwede ka na mag-asawa". What the fu*k?? TOINK! Some of them argued.. "Hindi pa yan.. mag enjoy ka pa dapat" (Which I certainly am doing).. My sis replied "Oo nga alam ko yun.. yun lang yung age niya pang asawa na talaga". I later found out that he got married to my bro-in-law when he was 28! Yikes! Toink toink toink!

5. And the final proof that I am indeed hitting QLC... I'm talking about it! TOINKKKK!!

=P

Well I guess thats about it.. if it happens it happens. I'm ready to embrance it. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. Its gonna be a joyride.

I can say my life now is at its peak. My family and I are having the time of our lives.. thats the most important part. Were just starting to live better... more comfortable than ever before.. and we owe it all to God. He's the reason why were experiencing all these blessings right now. Whatever happens I vow never to stop going to Baclaran every wednesday. Been going there for the last 5 years.. straight. I think I missed only 1 baclaran night because we were out of town.. but I immediately made up for it by going to the Baclaran the next day.

Hey.. I guess blogging really has a purpose. I feel like I've just taken a huge chunk of dead weight out of my chest. Phew. Toink!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toink! Eh pano pa kaya ako? hehe