Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Being Patriotic

I've always been PRO-Philippines.
I've always been patriotic. Always thinking of ways of how, in my own little way, I can make my country better.
I love my country and I'm so proud of it.
Even when all my friends are migrating here and there... in various "first-world" countries, I'm still here.
Its not because that I can't, its just simply because I dont want to.
But then again, with the whole NBN-Senate Fiasco, its being put to the test.
I guess the million dollar question is... what can an ordinary/average Filipino do right?
While talking to a dear friend of mine, she gave me this very interesting tidbit.
In an interview with Korina Sanchez, NBN's star witness, Rodolfo Noel Lozada Jr said that after Neri's testimony in the Senate he was tasked to survey the middle class to find out what they think about it. And by doing so he found out that the middleclass has 3 kinds of mindsets. I'll just post what my friend said. Besides, I bet she can say it way better than I can. Hehe..
1) yung first one was the arrogant mindset - yung mindset of
inaction. ksi daw eto yung mga tao na natatakot to lose the little that they
have. eto daw yung mga nagsasabi ng eh wala rin namang mangyayari eh.
2) tapos yung second is the insulting mindset - eto yung mga
nagsasabi ng eh pare-pareho naman yang mga yan eh. so ito daw yung mga tao
na
ang tingin ay wala nang mabuti na pilipino.
3) tapos yung third is the untrustworthy mindset - eto yung
mga
nagsasabi ng two years nalang naman eh. eto yung mga maghihintay nalang
kahit na
alam nila na may mga tao na kaya naman maglead...pwede rin na sila
yung tao na
may kakayahan maglead pero they're scared that we might demand
the same moral
rectitude from them kaya sya untrustworthy.
Man.. that struck me. Now I can say that I'm leaning towards #3. If you'll think about it, I'm sure you heard those 3 mindsets before from various people right?
Can the Filipino afford another people power? More importantly, can our country survive another event like that?
I'm afraid that if we do that again people power would lose its real meaning. What's gonna happen now? Everytime a President messes up we'll create a revolution? I dont think so.
Because by doing that, the filipinos wont learn. Thats why we have elections for crying out loud. So that we get to VOTE FOR THE RIGHT PEOPLE. Now if we voted for these idiots then we're part of the blame also.
Now going back to my question.. So what can the average Filipino do?
Leave the country? Another people power? or pray to God and just hope for the best?
Right now, I'm doing the last option and just enjoying to whole Senate NBN Fiasco.
I know theres a saying "nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa" but what can I do?
Its like the tagalized koreanovelas that we dub here in our studio. Only this one is more addicting. :)

2 comments:

Jenijenjen said...

hey hey...Let's Blogswarm Gloria on the 15th! (that is, if you want gloria to go hehe)
Post an entry in your blog basically telling her to resign together with your favorite or love-to-hate mrs. jose pidal photo :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha! walang nag agree sa yo! :p